Father’s Day – there’s always a catch

Saturday, September 5, 2009

choc ginger fish

Well, it always seems to catch me out anyway. Father’s Day is celebrated in June in Malaysia, so I frequently forget my poor Dad. But luckily for our Pop, the appearance of Hallmark card stands in the shops are very good reminders.

With the help of some enthusiastic mini-critics, some fishes were made for Pop. We used a simple sugar cookie recipe from here. I’ve seen sugar cookies mentioned on lots of blogs but have never made them before. They’re actually very similar to a vanilla snap recipe that I use often. Very more-ish and very sweet.

Pop likes dark chocolate and he really likes ginger, so we dipped the fishies in dark chocolate and covered them with crystallised ginger scales. Simple and sweet.

And I’ll keep this short and sweet too. Happy Father’s Day to daddies everywhere! Have a wonderful day.

cutting cookies Cut
fish cookie stack Stack

chocolate and ginger Assemble

dipping cookiesDip


more choc ginger fish
Enjoy

8 comments:

Hungry Dog said...

These are so lovely and look like such fun to make! Very pretty on that blue plate :)

shaz said...

Thanks Hungry Dog - that's one of my favourite plates , we started with four and now we have two left :)

Anh said...

These are so cute!!

Megan@Feasting on Art said...

Ack your little fish are too too cute! I love all of the photographs. I am definitely bookmarking this one!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Aww that's so cute! I love the idea of making the scales out of ginger too. My hubby would love these! :)

jordan said...

those look really, REALLY good. I love anything dipped in chocolate : )

Vanille said...

Cute and fun !

Lori said...

You are clever aren't you. THese are adorable- I am so partial to anything fish.